Ophthalmologists are specialist doctors in eye care. They can treat eye problems using medicines, surgery and contact lenses and glasses.

Ophthalmologists can help to manage uveitis (inflammation of the eye). Uveitis is associated with psoriatic arthritis and some other autoimmune disorders.

You will need a referral from your GP or an optometrist to see an ophthalmologist.

You can find an ophthalmologist at the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists.